Making sure you are who you say you are in any check is vitally important. Makesure certifies that you are in fact the person being checked to protect you from identity theft. Identity theft if a major concern as it generates a substantial profit for the offenders. As well, it accounts for considerable financial loss for our government, as well as for many private citizens and businesses. Makesure wants to ensure your identity is not being misused.

The attorney generals department of the Australian Government governs the identity principles and more information can be found at:

You may be required to provide a minimum of 100 points of the following ID for each applicant. The 100 points of ID system is as follows. The combination must include your applicant’s full name and date of birth, and at least one ID must include a photo. At least 1 x Category A OR 1 x Category B document that contains a photo. The first document from Category B will be worth 40 points … any additional documents from Category B will be worth 25 points.

Category A:

  • Passport – with Photo
  • Full Birth Certificate or Australian Birth Card
  • Australian Citizenship Certificate
  • Passport Equivalent – with Photo
  • eg Diplomatic/Refugee/Emergency Travel Documents.

Category B: 40/25 pts

  • Australian Driver’s License
  • Australian Centrelink Concession or Health Care Card
  • Student ID Photo Card – Tertiary Education Institution
  • Australian Working with Children Photo Card
  • ACT/NT/TAS/VIC/WA only (the other Australian states/territories don’t issue this ID as a photo card).
  • Australian License or Permit – with Photo
  • eg Firearms License
  • Australian Teachers Registration Photo Card
  • Government Employee Photo ID Card
  • Australian Dept of Veteran’s Affairs Photo Card
  • Australian Aviation or Maritime Security ID Cards – with Photo
  • Reference from a Doctor
  • Must contain your applicant’s name and the Doctor must have known them for at least 12 months.

Category C: 25 pts

  • Australian Medicare Card
  • Bank Statement or Credit/Debit Card
  • Proof of Age Photo Card (Govt issued)
  • This excludes a NZ 18+ Card as Hospitality NZ is not a government department.
  • Council Rates Notice
  • Professional or Trade Association Photo Card
  • Seniors Photo Card (Govt issued)
  • Utility Bill
  • Birth Extract
  • Electoral Roll Registration
  • Overseas Driver’s Licence
  • Motor Vehicle Insurance Document
  • Motor Vehicle Registration
  • Property Insurance Document
  • Property Lease or Rental Agreement
  • Superannuation Statement
  • Tax Declaration
  • Private Health Care Card

Change of Name documentation

  • Marriage Certificate (or extract)
  • Must be issued by Australian Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages – or the relevant government department in the country of issue.
  • Certificate of Marriage
  • Must be issued by the church or celebrant performing the marriage.
  • Certificate of registration of name change
  • Must be issued by the relevant authority in the country of issue.
  • Decree Nisi as a proof of a return to maiden name after a divorce
  • Must be issued by the relevant authority in the country of issue.